https://piedmonthomeremodelers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/pps-logo.jpg 0 0 Jeremy Huffman https://piedmonthomeremodelers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/pps-logo.jpg Jeremy Huffman2018-06-19 15:14:072018-07-30 17:58:10What To Consider Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
Making the decision to remodel your bathroom is an exciting decision to make. Before jumping in head first, there are a few things you should consider.
Know Your Budget
- You need to have an idea of what you’re willing to spend and stick to your budget. Setting a budget will help guide you as you make decisions about what to include in your new bathroom.
- Get a clear timeline from your contractor of how long your remodel will take. The scope of the project greatly affects the timeline of any remodel. Planning time is crucial, especially if you only have one bathroom in your house. Be sure to factor in not only the time it will physically take but deliveries of products and any changing in plumbing.
- Depending on how many changes you are planning to make, gutting your bathroom and starting over is a good idea if you have an older home. It allows you to discover problems that may have been hidden and you can have them fixed properly during the remodeling process. An older home may have water damage, outdated pipes, or other issues that come about with age or improper installation.
Design Style And Functionality
- Search for ideas and mention them to your contractor. The over the top bathrooms you see on Houzz and Pinterest might not be doable within the space and budget you have. Be clear about your list of must-haves and what are lofty dreams. Together you can come up with a beautiful bathroom that is also functional for your lifestyle.
Measurement And Limitations
- There are 3 major limitations which really make size matter in bathroom renovation: the overall size of the bathroom (usually the smallest room in the house), the location of existing plumbing pipes and electrical wiring, and the typical standard dimensions of bathroom fixtures. While having an oversized master bathroom would be grand, sometimes there are too many limiting factors.
Finding The Right Contractor
- Hire a contractor you can trust. Look up reviews, speak with previous clients and ask all of your questions before committing to a specific contractor. Make sure that communication is clear and that you will be clued in on the project the entire time. At Piedmont Property Solutions we aim to provide the best customer service and want to ensure you are completely satisfied with every aspect of the project.
- A common reason for wanting a bathroom remodel is to have more storage space. This is especially true for older homes since rooms were built smaller back then. Custom cabinets are a great way to accommodate all of your storage needs and to have something personalized to you.
Walls And Flooring
- Avoid trends and choose a style that will age gracefully. You can go as basic as scratch-resistant linoleum floors all the way up to heated marble floors. Backsplashes, walls, and shower tiles are all something to think about when deciding to remodel. You can have fun here with a little color.
- Ventilation is crucial in a wet room like the bathroom. It needs to planned right to ensure proper ventilation. Mold can grow quickly in a consistently damp room, and no one wants to deal with that mess. Continual airflow can also prevent both the decay of any wooden trim or fixtures and the saturation of building insulation.
Saving The Environment
- Going green is more budget-friendly than ever. Consider a low-flow toilet that uses less water and saves you money in water bills, low-VOC or no-VOC paints, vanities made from sustainably harvested wood, or recycled glass tile surface countertops. There are so many options in the green market now.
- Before your contractor leaves, do a walkthrough of the project and make sure everything is as described in the initial bid. If anything isn’t up to par, now is the time to speak up. Remember that you paid for this project and it should be to your liking.